With the cooler weather, wouldn’t you like to warm up with a bowl of steaming, ground turkey chili? Our ground turkey chili recipe is so easy to make that you can feed your whole family without the hassle of complicated cooking. Eat it as is or serve over rice or pasta.
Easy recipe: Serves 4
• 12 oz ground turkey
• 1 can kidney beans, drained
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 jalapenos, core and seed removed, diced (or can be replaced with 1/2 tbsp chili powder)
• 1 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes (or replaced with stewed tomatoes from can)
• 1 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
• 1 bell pepper, core and seed removed, diced (any color)
• 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped (half for cooking and half for topping)
• 1 cup fat free chicken broth
• 1/3 cup of fat free feta cheese for topping (or replace with you favorite cheese)
• Salt to taste
• Olive or coconut oil spray
• Spray cooking oil in a sauce pan and set to medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeno and cooking until tender
• Add turkey, kidney bean, tomatoes, red chili flakes, 1/2 amount of cilantro and chicken broth. Bring mixture to boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 25 minutes covered
• Add salt to taste when you know that the turkey is already cooked. Add black pepper if desired
• Once the simmering is done, scoop chili into a bowl and top with feta cheese and cilantro.
Enjoy your Fablicious healthy ground turkey chili!