Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. The thought of breakfast and my morning coffee instantly cheers me up!
So for those days when you don’t feel like getting up (like Monday morning), try our simple turkey bacon, veggie egg omelet recipe. It is loaded with healthy ingredients and low in calories too.!
Easy recipe: Serves 1
• 2 egg whites, whisked (or 1 egg)
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• 1/4 bell pepper, core and seed removed, diced (any color)
• 4 grape tomatoes, diced (or 1/4 regular size tomato)
• 1 cup organic spinach (I usually buy prewash in a bag)
• 1 turkey bacon, cooked per package instructions, diced
• 1 tsp cilantro, cut (optional)
• Olive or coconut oil spray
• Salt to taste
• Spray cooking oil in a cooking pan and set to medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir fry for about 1 minute
• Add bell pepper and stir fry for another minute
• Then stir in tomato, spinach and salt. Cook until spinach is wilted.
• Turn heat off and add cooked turkey bacon to the mixture. Set aside
• Spray cooking oil in another small cooking pan and set to medium-low heat
• Add a pinch of salt to egg whites if desired. Pour in egg whites and let it cook until it sets
• Using a rubber scraper, gently lift the eggs onto a serving plate
• Scoop the cooked mixture of bell pepper, tomato, spinach and turkey bacon onto egg whites. Then fold the other half of egg whites over
• Top the egg omelet with cilantro and serve