Wake up in the morning to a delicious stuffed bell pepper with egg white, mushroom and tomato! Bell pepper is a great ingredient to use if you want to eat healthy. It’s low in calories, high in taste and filling too. Egg is a smart choice as it keep you fuller longer. Have fun by adding your favorite ingredients instead. I love mine with tomato, mushroom and top with salsa.
Easy recipe: Serves 2
• 2 large bell peppers (any color), cut half length wise, core and seeds removed
• 4 egg whites, whisked
• 4 white button mushrooms, sliced
• 6 grape tomatoes, quartered (or regular size tomatoes, diced)
• 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
• 8 tbsp salsa or pico de gallo
• 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
• Salt to taste
• Olive or coconut oil spray
• Preheat oven to 375°F
• Place bell peppers on a baking tray and spray oil on both sides of peppers. Bake for 15 minutes with peppers inside face down.
• Remove baking tray and turn peppers inside face up.
• Add 1 tbsp of salsa or pico de gallo and 1 tbsp parmesan cheese to each half of pepper.
• Then layered with 1 mushroom and 1 1/2 grape tomatoes
• Stir cilantro to whisked egg whites and then pour mixture onto each pepper. Add salt if desired
• Bake stuffed peppers for another 25 minutes or until eggs are cooked
• Remove and serve with salsa or pico de gallo
Calories: about 135 per serving
Enjoy the delicious yet filling stuffed bell pepper with egg white, mushroom and tomato recipe!