There are days that I crave for Mexican food but some of it may not be the healthiest. Especially if you are in a Mexican restaurant, calories can quickly add up! Here is a healthier recipe of jalapeño, ground turkey, pico de gallo and cheese with flatbread.
This delicious easy recipe can be made into snack or meal.
Easy recipe: Serves 2
• 4 oz ground turkey
• 2 whole grain flatbreads (or your favorite tortilla). Featured here is whole grain middle eastern flatbread from Trader Joe’s
• 2 tbsp taco seasoning
• 1 jalapeño chili, core and seeds removed, diced
• 1/2 onion, diced
• 2 to 3 tbsp pico de gallo (or salsa)
• 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (or your favorite cheese)
• Olive or coconut oil spray
• Preheat oven to 375°F
• Spray cooking oil in a cooking pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapeno. Stir fry for about 2 minutes
• Add ground turkey and taco mix to the mixture and stir fry till ground turkey is cooked
• Scoop mixture in between 2 layers of flatbread. Add pico de gallo and then cheese on top layer of flatbread
• Bake until cheese is melted, about between 10 to 15 minutes
Tip: If you don’t like your cheese melted, you can save a step by heating the flatbread in a microwave for 30 seconds and skip the baking
Calories: about 285 per serving
Enjoy! The jalapeño, ground turkey with pico de gallo and cheese with flatbread is delicious and satisfying.