I was at the cream cheese section of grocery store yesterday. I saw Neufchâtel cheese by Challenge brand and was curious to find out how it tasted. The packaging indicated that the texture is smooth and silky, and has 1/3 less fat than cream cheese. I decided to use it for an easy to prepare recipe of tuna, cream cheese on celery sticks snack.
I’m glad that I tried it as I do like the taste of the Neufchâtel cheese. Since Challenge brand make good butter, I’m glad that their cheese taste good too. For this recipe, you can also use your favorite cream cheese.
Easy recipe: Serves 3
• 6 celery ribs, cut into 3 pieces each
• 1 can 5 oz can of chunk light tuna in water, drained
• 2 oz cream cheese (featured here is the Neufchâtel cheese by Challenge brand)
• Tabasco sauce (skip this if you prefer non spicy)
• 1 to 2 tbsp cilantro, roughly cut or chopped
• Salt to taste
• Spread a layer of cream cheese onto celery stick
• Add tuna on top of cream cheese
• Sprinkle with salt and tabasco sauce
• Top with cilantro
Calories: about 90 per serving
Enjoy this delicious easy to prepare tuna, cream cheese on celery sticks!