Want a low calorie, healthy and filling recipe without compromising on taste? This Fablicious chicken, cheese, mini sweet peppers on eggplant is a winner for me. I hope you love them too! With a preparation time of only 10 minutes and baking time of 20 minutes or less, you can whip up a good meal for you and your family!
Easy recipe: Serves 4
1 large eggplant, sliced into 8 pieces and dipped into salt water to prevent browning
1 cooked chicken breast, diced (see here for our baked chicken recipe)
3 mini sweet peppers, core and seeds removed, sliced (or 1/2 bell pepper, any color)
4 tbsp tomato paste ( replaced with spaghetti sauce or salsa if you prefer)
8 basil leaves, diced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (or grated parmesan cheese)
Olive or coconut oil spray
Salt to taste
• Preheat oven to 400°F
• Spray oil on a baking pan
• Place each slice of eggplants on baking pan single layer
• Spread tomato paste and add cheese. Cheese can also be added as top layer
• Add both sweet peppers and chicken.
• Bake chicken cheese eggplant pizza for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese melt
• Remove and let cool for at least 5 minutes and top with basil
Calories: about 155 per serving
Enjoy this recipe as a snack or a meal!